Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Preparing for Trip #2

As we prepare to go on trip #2 to bring our daughter home, I have been taking a moment to pause every day and think of what a huge journey we are about to embark on.  It is easy to get lost in the paperwork and forget about the meaning of what you are doing - to me it is like planning a wedding and forgetting about the marriage.  Every day, I am thankful for the blessing we are about to receive.  I think about what a huge change our daughter will be going through.  Her life is about to take on a completely new route, but I know it is God's plan for her to be with us, in this country, with our family.  There is no doubt in my mind, from the moment I got the phone call, that this is our daughter.

I have recently become a reader of Jeremy Statton's blog on Living Better Stories.  Right now, he is in China adopting 2 children to add to his family!  I find his story to be inspirational.

Check out Jeremy's blog about adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment