Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Busy days

Today we were all over the place, trying to get Katie home with us to the US. We started the morning getting Katie her Pesel number (like a social security number). Then we went to apply for Katie's passport. Through all the waiting and sitting in the car, Katie was doing pretty well...however, then we tried to go to the doctor for the medical visit that gets submitted to the Embassy...and she was NOT a happy. camper by then. Poor girl, I think we wore her out and she was tired with it being close to nap time. The doctor was extremely kind and understanding and we got through the appointment just fine. I was impressed with how quickly we were able to get through each place for each appointment.

From what I understand, tomorrow we go to the Embassy with a mound of documents. We then have to wait for Katie's passport and then return to the Embassy to get the visa stamped on the passport before flying out. I hope the timing of everything works out. It is hard not to stress about our timeline but I'm doing my best not to. Having my mom here keeps me in a good place. It's a huge help having her here. Now she is the one ordering bread at the piekarnia (bakery)! It is nice to be able to take a break from ordering stuff, and to have a hand with Katie. Plus, it is nice to catch up and hang out together. I really missed my mom and am beyond thrilled to have her here with me for this occasion. My supermom!

Our sight seeing has been limited with all of our paperwork that we are working on, but we will hopefully have a chance to catch some sights this week. We went on what we thought would be a quick 2 km trip to get groceries became a 30 minute walk because we had to go underground to get across the street, and we got so lost and then couldn't find an elevator to get back up. In retrospect, it was pretty funny - at one point, we entered an elevator that had instructions on how to hold down the button while the elevator is in motion. Strange, I know, but I was following the written instructions. Apparently I was doing something wrong because this voice came over the speaker and told us we were not following directions and told us how to use the buttons. My mom asked me who is that voice? I said maybe it is God. ;)

Food continues to be great. The bread is amazing and so is the coffee. We got some great butter and lunch meat too. We got all kinds of Krowki too.

Pictures are: me and my mom in our apartment, me on our tiny ledge of a balcony with a nice view of the Warsaw city center, my mom with one of her favorite desserts, Katie hanging out at the window, going on a stroll around Warsaw. Sorry that I have no idea what order the pictures are published in.

No comments:

Post a Comment